Construction process cannot function without additional support tools, as well as consumables (Concrete Wall Formwork – Easy and Fast Concreting). This also applies to wall formwork, without which it is difficult to imagine any concrete wall structure. Housing construction keeps developing therefore the house formwork in the form of formwork systems has also become very popular. They come in different types of design: plastic formwork, steel formwork, polystyrene formwork, sliding formwork etc.
Permanent formwork constructions
Typically, permanent formwork is used for the construction of low storey building walls or in the construction of frame buildings.
Unlike removable formwork, permanent structure is filled with concrete and remains a part of the building. The need to experience high pressure of concrete solution conditions use of prefabricated cladding panels, insulation and other materials as materials for the construction. They not only provide strength and reliability of the design, but do not allow the penetration of moisture and cold inside the concrete monolith.
As a result of pouring wall formwork with concrete solution, obtained structure does not require additional insulation. Such designs are lighter than those made of brickwork, thereby reducing the load on the retaining and load bearing elements.
Polystyrene foam blocks do not require ligation and are arranged in rows above each other. Herewith, each block is attached with the adjacent ones with special locks placed on them. Reinforcement bars are installed into the voids inside the blocks.
Calculation of the formwork
Calculation of the formwork walls is carried out on the basis of design data. Demand for the material used for manufacture of panels and amount of fasteners will depend on the square of structures built.
The design of the formwork wallThe thickness of the erected wall, hence the volume of concrete, will determine the number of supporting piles needed to prevent deformation of the formwork and the wall.
You can make formwork independently using various materials. Most applied for this purpose are:
–Wood (cutting board),
–Plywood, OSB and other sheet materials. The use of laminated materials of this class is most appropriate if you are planning an improvised removable formwork for concrete walls.
–Metal (mostly pipe racks, to which the formwork panels are attached; additional structural reinforcement elements).
–Expanded polystyrene is used for the manufacture of permanent formwork, which serves as insulation.
- Installation of the previously prepared panels is the most convenient way to make concrete wall formwork, which also reduces the time of construction, because the boards are prepared back during excavation.
- Installation of the elements on site is used less frequently. Basically, it refers to the prefabricated polystyrene foam blocks.
When installing wall formwork you should comply with the following ground rules.
- The formwork should be leveled vertically and horizontally, its top horizontal row should be leveled especially carefully. Correctness is checked with plummet or a building level.
- All the elements must be securely fastened.
- When assembling the panels of sheet material or wood, mounting the elements to the transverse studs should be done from the plane side, it will make the design more robust and facilitate the installation.
- In order to prevent deformation and fracture wall formwork installation must be carried out with the use of sloping supporting piles. To simplify the dismantling and preserve the wall surface formwork must be processed with special grease.